Since our founding, Greenspring has aspired to give back by making meaningful financial and relational investments in our local communities. To further our stewardship efforts and commitment to charitable giving, we created the concept of the Greenspring Grant Program in 2012 to support the mission of local non-profits. This effort is completely employee run and, each year, allows a new team of individuals the rewarding (but very difficult!) task of selecting and awarding monies to worthy organizations.
GRANT APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED! PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER FOR RECIPIENT NEWS.
2020 Grant Recipients
Meaningful employment, community engagement, and dignity of choice for adults with autism.
UEmpower of Maryland
UEmpower of Maryland gives a hand up by identifying areas of genuine need and bridging resources to create solutions that Empower our community. Their flagship program “The Food Project” brings cooking, farming, restaurant skills, job opportunities, sustainable food sources, mentorship & hope to the youth of South West Baltimore.
A nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization in New Jersey providing educational and social service programs to help women enter and succeed in the workforce and help children flourish academically.
Rebecca’s Tent has given shelter, food, safety and hope to nearly 1,200 homeless women. They also offer life skills training, access to community resources and the essential human services needed to help women rise up and work toward stability and independence.
- Grants are limited to organizations located in Maryland, New Jersey and Georgia
- Organizations must be focused on or have programs that address Workforce and Economic Development. Example include (but are not limited to):
- job/skills education and training
- job creation
- developing and maintaining career pathways
- growing internships and career opportunities
- increasing financial literacy
- Preference will be given to local organizations, rather than national organizations
- We encourage and may be interested in opportunities for members of our team to get involved (e.g. volunteering, mentorship, board involvement, etc.)
- At its sole discretion, Greenspring awards grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 based on the funding requested and the needs addressed.
- Nonprofit Organizations certified tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service codes are encouraged to apply. Programs operating under the 501(c)3 of a fiscal sponsor may also apply.
- Organizations may only submit one proposal for programs on an annual basis for consideration.
Are you a non-profit seeking more information about the Greenspring Grant Program?