Since our founding, Greenspring has aspired to give back by making meaningful financial and relational investments in our local communities. To further our stewardship efforts and commitment to charitable giving, we created the concept of the Greenspring Grant Program in 2012 to support organizations that focus their efforts in Maryland, New Jersey and Georgia.
- Grants are limited to organizations located in Maryland, New Jersey and Georgia
- Organizations must be focused or have programs in one of the following areas: Music Programs (school-aged children), Arts Initiatives, Diabetes Research, Prevention, Awareness, Alzheimer’s Research, Awareness, Assistance, Literacy, Animal Shelters/Rescues, Women’s Shelters, Substance Abuse Recovery/Mental Health Services, Historical Site Preservation, Environmental Efforts
- At its sole discretion, Greenspring awards grants up to $10,000 based on the funding requested and the needs addressed.
- Organizations must be non-profit organizations certified tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service codes.
The following are ineligible for application to the Greenspring Grant Program:
- Debt retirement
- Non 501(c)(3) organizations
- Annual drives or annual giving campaigns
- Government agencies or departments (including public schools, public recreation centers, etc.)
- Membership, sponsorship or affiliation campaigns, dinners, or special events
- Endowments or capital campaigns
- Grants to individuals, including scholarships, sponsorships, camperships and other forms of financial aid and assistance
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Current Greenspring clients
- Greenspring Grant recipients from the past 3 years
How To Apply:
Applicants may choose to apply for a Greenspring Grant to support the general operations of their organization or a specific program or initiative. In either case, to apply for funding, Greenspring asks that organizations complete the initial online application (see link below). This initial application will be reviewed to determine if the organization qualifies for the next round of review. If selected, the organization will be contacted to complete an additional application to determine the grant to be rewarded should the organization be chosen to receive a grant. The submission window will is now closed for 2019.