Institutional Client Group
Relationship Manager – Towson, MD
The Relationship Manager will work within our Institutional Client Group to coordinate all client service activities with a focus on delivering an exceptional client experience to our corporate retirement plan clients. This position is critical to building client advocacy and ensuring continued profitability of the firm through organic growth and referral opportunities by setting and maintaining high service standards for the firm, creating positive client experiences, and fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration. The candidate will be client-facing and servicing the clients of Lead Advisors at the firm. This role requires some travel.
- Partner with Lead Advisors to ensure Greenspring’s client service model is being consistently delivered
- Coordinate and execute service activities, such as Onboarding new clients, resolving Service Requests, serving as a liaison with retirement plan providers and recordkeepers, gathering and compiling data for client meetings, drafting meeting minutes, maintaining client files/dashboards and handling day-to-day client requests
- Process tasks and resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with client reporting and billing
- Manage relationships with clients and external business partners such as recordkeepers, TPAs, auditors, etc.
- Embody Greenspring’s Core Purpose and Core Values
Minimum 2-3 years in financial services industry in a client service/operations roles, preferably working with defined contribution plans
Bachelor’s degree required. Industry designation such as the QKA, CRPS®, ERPA, QPA, etc. a plus
Skills & Knowledge
- Focus on client needs and customer service at all time
- A critical thinker that is detailed and process-oriented
- Follows up and follows through
- Exceptional organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A self-starter who is assertive, proactive, independent, flexible and accommodating
- Experience in most Microsoft Office applications. Comfortable learning and navigating new technology and software applications. Experience with Salesforce and/or FI360 a major plus
If you are interested in applying for the Relationship Manager position please submit your resume using the “Apply Now” link below.
Greenspring Advisors is a fee-only, independent advisory firm. We manage over $3.5 billion for approximately 450 families and institutions across the country. For 15 years we have been incredibly fortunate to work with great clients, build an awesome team and give back nearly $1 million to the communities in which we live and work through our Greenspring Charitable Fund and Greenspring Grant Program. At Greenspring, we have much to be grateful for and while a lot has changed since the beginning, one thing has remained constant – our clients come first.
Greenspring is consistently ranked as one of the country’s leading independent advisory firms. We look to hire talented individuals with leadership potential, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work interdependently with others. We recently were awarded by both Investment News and The Daily Record as a “Best Place to Work”. We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Health, dental and vision Insurance
- Health savings accounts (HSAs)
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary profit sharing contributions
- Paid leave & vacation allowance, including maternity/paternity benefits
- Access to short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Access to group term life insurance
- Annual professional development stipend for continuing education, courses, conference attendance, etc.
- Stand-up desks, dual computer monitors, monthly social events and volunteer hours