Private Client Group
Private Client Financial Associate – Towson, MD
The Private Client Financial Associate will work in conjunction with their assigned Lead Advisors and Financial Planners to determine the financial needs of clients and to provide advice and make recommendations on products and services that best meet their needs. Duties include assessing clients’ assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives to establish investment strategies. The candidate will be servicing the clients of Lead Advisors and Financial Planners at the firm.
- Ensures the highest standards for serving both clients and advisors
- Creates financial planning models by analyzing a client’s cash flow, net worth, tax returns, investment statements and estate planning documents
- Prepares investment and financial planning reports for clients and prospective clients of the firm
- Embody Greenspring’s Core Purpose and Core Values
No specific industry experience required, but degree in one of the majors below or 1-2 years of business experience is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Financial Planning, Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field preferred.
Specific Measure of Success
- Licensing: obtains Series 65 license
- Credentials: begins working towards CFP®, CFA or EA designation during tenure as a Financial Associate
- Completes reports and reviews by assigned due date
- Client Net Promoter Score (NPS) is 90 or higher
- All client data is kept up-to-date in our client management system
Skills & Knowledge
- Focus on client needs and customer service at all times
- Detail-oriented and methodical
- Follows up and follows through
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments, in addition to the ability to be highly relational with clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A self-starter who is assertive, proactive, independent, flexible and accommodating
- Expert in most Microsoft Office applications. Comfortable learning and navigating new technology and software applications. Experience with Salesforce and/or Tamarac a major plus
If you are interested in applying for the Private Client Financial Associate position please submit your resume using the “Apply Now” link below.
Greenspring Advisors is a fee-only, independent advisory firm. We manage over $3.5 billion for approximately 450 families and institutions across the country. For 15 years we have been incredibly fortunate to work with great clients, build an awesome team and give back nearly $1 million to the communities in which we live and work through our Greenspring Charitable Fund and Greenspring Grant Program. At Greenspring, we have much to be grateful for and while a lot has changed since the beginning, one thing has remained constant – our clients come first.
Greenspring is consistently ranked as one of the country’s leading independent advisory firms. We look to hire talented individuals with leadership potential, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work interdependently with others. We recently were awarded by both Investment News and The Daily Record as a “Best Place to Work”. We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Health, dental and vision Insurance
- Health savings accounts (HSAs)
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary profit sharing contributions
- Paid leave & vacation allowance, including maternity/paternity benefits
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance and group term life insurance
- Annual professional development stipend for continuing education, courses, conference attendance, etc.
- Stand-up desks, dual computer monitors, monthly social events and volunteer hours