Institutional Client Group
Institutional Client Group – Financial Associate
Location: Towson, Maryland
At Greenspring, our Core Purpose is to “improve lives by helping people make better decisions for themselves and those who depend on them” and we are looking for talented people who share this passion. Working at Greenspring gives you the ability to:
- Own Your Future with defined career paths and tools, coaching and support to help you create the future you want
- Be Part of a Great Culture where you’ll be a part of a team of people who are committed to each other’s success
- Make a Lasting Impact on the lives of our clients and through the camaraderie of working for a common goal with your peers
The Financial Associate is an entry-level position that will work within our Institutional Client Group supporting our advisory and relationship management team members. The position will provide administrative and operational support for client service activities with a focus on delivering an exceptional client experience to our corporate retirement plan clients. This role will assist with maintaining high service standards for the firm, creating positive client experiences, and fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- • Ensures the highest standards for serving clients, Lead Advisors and Relationship Managers
• Completes client service activities, such as onboarding new clients, assisting with service requests, gathering and compiling data for client meetings, drafting meeting minutes, and maintaining client files/dashboards
• Processes tasks and resolves issues in a timely and accurate manner
• Assists with client reporting and billing
• Supports relationships with clients and external business partners such as recordkeepers, TPAs, auditors, etc.
• Lives out and displays Greenspring’s Core Values and Vision
Specific Measures of Success:
- • Licensing: obtains Series 65 license
• Client Net Promoter Score (NPS) is 90 or higher
• All client data is kept up-to-date in our client management system
• Quickly responds to requests and resolves open tasks according to practice group standards
• Meets or beats deadlines, while maintaining quality and accuracy
Skills and Knowledge:
- • Focus on client needs and customer service at all times
• Detail-oriented and methodical
• Follows up and follows through
• Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
• A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments, in addition to the ability to be highly relational with clients
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
• A self-starter who is assertive, proactive, independent, flexible and accommodating
• Expert in most Microsoft Office applications. Comfortable learning and navigating new technology and software applications. Experience with Salesforce a major plus
No specific industry experience required, but degree in one of the majors below or 1-2 years of business experience/client service/operations support is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Financial Planning, Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field preferred.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our founding partners came up with the idea for Greenspring in 2002 while working for two of the world’s largest brokerage firms. Thrust into a fast-paced and competitive sales culture with little more than a phone book, a desk and a phone, it quickly became clear that “clients” took a backseat to “commissions”. But, we had a different vision of what we wanted our careers to look like and how we wanted to work with our clients. So, in 2004, we started out on our own with a handful of clients who believed in us and a different vision for the future where we existed to serve them and not the other way around. From the beginning, we left behind the lack of transparency and conflicts of interest that made it so difficult to serve our clients in the best way possible and fully embraced a fiduciary duty to clients, placing their interests before our own. We always believed that if we worked hard, aligned our interests with our clients and did the right thing for them, kept our promises, gave back to the community and hired great people the rest would take care of itself. Now, over 15 years, later we have been incredibly fortunate to work with great clients, build an awesome team and give back hundreds of thousands of dollars to the communities in which we live and work through our Greenspring Charitable Fund and Greenspring Grant Program. At Greenspring, we have much to be grateful for and while a lot has changed since the beginning, one thing has remained constant – our clients come first.
Greenspring is consistently ranked as one of the country’s leading independent advisory firms. We look to hire talented individuals with leadership potential, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work interdependently with others. We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Offered
- Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) Plan with employer match and discretionary profit sharing contributions
- Paid Leave & Vacation Allowance
- Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Group Life Insurance
- Annual professional development stipend for continuing education, courses, conference attendance, etc.
- Stand-up desks, dual computer monitors, monthly social events and volunteer hours