Business Operations Specialist
Location: Towson, Maryland
At Greenspring, our Core Purpose is to “improve lives by helping people make better decisions for themselves and those who depend on them” and we are looking for talented people who share this passion. Working at Greenspring gives you the ability to:
- Own Your Future with defined career paths and tools, coaching and support to help you create the future you want
- Be Part of a Great Culture where you’ll be a part of a team of people who are committee to each other’s success
- Make a Lasting Impact on the lives of our clients and through the camaraderie of working for a common goal with your peers
The Business Operations Specialist will review every aspect of the firm’s operations for the purpose of improving and implementing processes to better serve internal and external clients, and to make the firm’s operations efficient and scalable. This role will support, leverage and drive the firm in its business technology.
- Gathers information from key stakeholders to analyze, define, develop and execute workflows and reporting processes, and owns the ongoing management of them.
- Supports marketing efforts by creating reporting methodology & analytics for goal measuring
- Utilizes technology to solve complex problems relating to the business and marketing operations.
- Trains others on new processes and creates job aids to supplement training.
- Lives out and displays Greenspring’s Core Purpose and Values
Specific Measures of Success:
- Sets and meets specific goals for projects
- Proactively communicates with co-workers, while balancing the need to seek input and information with the need to make a decision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office applications; comfortable learning and navigating new technology and software applications
- Salesforce experience – experience with Conga and Pardot a major plus
- Excel mastery- high level of experience and success using Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of financial industry and marketing a plus
- Strong tactical management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities with attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A self-starter who is assertive, independent, and proactive
- Resourceful- ability to figure out how to solve problems with limited guidance
Minimum 3-5 years in professional business setting and/or financial industry setting
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management or a related field preferred
How to Apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com.
Our founding partners came up with the idea for Greenspring in 2002 while working for two of the world’s largest brokerage firms. Thrust into a fast-paced and competitive sales culture with little more than a phone book, a desk and a phone, it quickly became clear that “clients” took a backseat to “commissions”. But we had a different vision of what we wanted our careers to look like and how we wanted to work with our clients. So in 2004 we started out on our own with a handful of clients who believed in us and a different vision for the future where we existed to serve them and not the other way around. From the beginning, we left behind the lack of transparency and conflicts of interest that made it so difficult to serve our clients in the best way possible and fully embraced a fiduciary duty to clients, placing their interests before our own. We always believed that if we worked hard, aligned our interests with our clients and did the right thing for them, kept our promises, gave back to the community and hired great people the rest would take care of itself. Now over 15 years later we have been incredibly fortunate to work with great clients, build an awesome team and give back hundreds of thousands of dollars to the communities in which we live and work through our Greenspring Charitable Fund and Greenspring Grant Program. At Greenspring, we have much to be grateful for and while a lot has changed since the beginning, one thing has remained constant – our clients come first.
Greenspring is consistently ranked as one of the country’s leading independent advisory firms. We look to hire talented individuals with leadership potential, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work interdependently with others. We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Offered
- Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) Plan with employer match and discretionary profit sharing contributions
- Paid Leave & Vacation Allowance
- Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Group Life Insurance
- Annual professional development stipend for continuing education, courses, conference attendance, etc.
- Stand-up desks, dual computer monitors, monthly social events and volunteer hours